I'm still working on cleaning out my flowerbed by the pole barn. Yesterday this messy end started like this...
You can barely see my variegated weigela behind the (cluster of red) Lucifer Crocosmia. It was in the 80's yesterday and humid. In the evening it really looked like rain. This was my chance to move it without worrying about hauling water to water it in. I can't wait to see pretty, pink blooms at the edge of the woods in the spring. It will be nice to see when I round the corner of the field to mow.
I also moved the bush on the far left in the top photo. I forget what it is called. When I dug it out of the ground it split into two different pieces -- a nice sized one, and a small one with a big stump in the middle.
I planted it behind this barn stone for safety from the mower. It doesn't seem to look very impressive here. It too will bloom about the same time in the spring. Then the little piece I planted way down the edge of the woods.
We had a ton of rain last night! Mission accomplished.
I also got to see what color the rose of Sharon is that I bought at a church yard sale about four years ago. It was only two feet tall when I bought it. Now it's taller than me. I originally planted it in the flowerbed next to the chicken yard for safety so that I could water it until it got big enough to move.





2 comments:
Your weeding seems to be moving along. There is always more isn't there? LOL!!! I pulled a few thistles the other day that looked like they were going to seed; I don't need more! I have no idea where it all has come from this year. The Rose of Sharon is so pretty!
You got a beautiful Rose of Sharon! We have white and purple but I like yours better glad you got a good rain after all your transplanting.
Post a Comment