Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hundred Hugs Quilt Finished & WIP Wednesday 9.5.12

I'm excited to report that I finished my Hundred Hugs Quilt.  What a fun way to get rid of a few of those 2.5" squares and half squares made with my Accuquilt GO! Baby.  



Here's where you can find the original pattern!  Aren't these pics from the site cute?
Make this Hundred Hugs baby quilt using my 2.5" block bin and strips

 
I tried another type of FMQ.  This time I attempted the Dogwood Quilting Pattern.  Elizabeth at Oh, Fransson did a great tutorial on this here.   I thought that since I had all the little squares already in line
on this quilt that I would try.  It worked!  I had great results for my first try.  LOOK:
 
I like how the flower petal design makes a secondary circle pattern.
 
I am also working on my healthy diet and active lifestyle.  If you are looking for motivational and healthy tips, like my friend's page on facebook.  She works at the local YMCA with me and is very cool.
 
 
Last week was hectic. I didn't get my WIP Wednesday posted. Here's what I did the last two weeks:
Completed 24 rows of the tumbler charm quilt.



I finished the Tetris QA quilt top.  I really want to get this one quilted by 9/10 to make it to the Tetris quilt parade on Melissa's blog (Happy Quilting).


I worked for what seemed like all day on the pieced back for this quilt.  Hopefully I'll have pictures of the pieced back soon. Tetris quilt parade needs to be turned in 9/10!

Completed Projects -- 1

Completed seven tumbler rows but have not attached them to the quilt yet
Completed Hundred Hugs Quilt
Completed Tetris QA quilt top
Completed Block Swap Adventure block (and mailed)
Mailed 9 Block Lotto blocks to the winners -- Congrats to all!

New Projects - 0
My niece's due date got bumped up to 9/16 instead of the original 9/27...  The OSU fabric colors have been cut, I have sewn three rows together.  Whoopee...  Gotta get cracking on this one too.
Pile O' fabric

 
Currently and SLOWLY in Progress: 9

Cafe Mocha (In the Bag Ugly Fabric quilt challenge)
Tumbler Charm Quilt (currently 24 rows)
New York Beauty QA (need a ton of pinwheels... only 8 beauties completed)
Summer Series Quiltalong (stilll need more random blocks)
We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler (need six very pretty blocks to be caught up!)
Drunkard's Path Quiltalong (still piecing sub assemblies)
Modern Mini Round Robin (August all caught up; waiting on next partner)
Block Swap Adventure Yellow and Orange quilt (blocks done; needs sashing and assembled)

Quilt Tops to be quilted: 7


Oh Susannah! Mystery QA -- California King (needs back made)
Kaleidoscope QA (needs back made)
Jelly Roll Race - Lap quilt (needs back made)
Chasing Chevrons (needs basted)
Quilt guild swap quilt (needs back made)
Dutchman's Puzzle Vintage Sheet (needs basted)

Projects on Hold: 5

Flower Basket Quilt
August Block Lotto African Violets baby quilt
Orca Bay (piecing together the last step) (I'm getting tired of moving these bins around.)
Victorianna Fabric Party Quiltalong (need five rows to catch up)
Bluepatch Quilter Mystery Quiltalong (need two stars and one braid)

Stop by and see who else has what else going on with Lee at Freshly Pieced!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
 

7 comments:

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Gosh you've done quite a bit!

I'm loving your FMQ! That is so impressive! Beautiful way to finish off that lovely quilt!

Quilter Kathy said...

You are so organized to keep track of all these projects!
Love your tetris top!

CapitolaQuilter said...

Projects on Hold is such a nice way to put it. I almost added an Abandoned category to my WIP tally but I didn't, maybe I'll use your phrase instead.
I totally want to try the flower petal quilting you did - super cute.

Shannon said...

I really like your tumbler charm quilt. I like charm quilts in general and I think the tumbler block adds interest (more interesting than just squares) without being insane piecing (like a scrappy hexagon or something). What a good choice. I'll look forward to seeing it finished.

Kim said...

Wow and I thought I had a lot of projects happening!
nicely done, I just ordered a tumbler die for my accquilt cutter :0), looks like fun!

Happy Sewing

Julianne said...

Wow kathy! You have been getting so much done. If you are looking for a home for that tumbler quilt, just let me know..I know the perfect place for it! LOL!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

That's a lot of tumblers! Good luck finishing the Tetris. Looks good. Hope you get it done for the parade.