Saturday, July 2, 2022

RSC22 Purple Progress -- Rail Fence Blocks

This week I made a baker's dozen of purple 3.5" rail fence blocks.  Not that exciting, but progress none the less.  This is one of my leader/ender projects.  I'm getting super close to the 900 blocks needed to start putting these together.  This leader/ender project was inspired by 

Cathy's Quilt -- She blogs at Sane, Crazy, Crumby Quilting. Check it out HERE.

Bring on those purple scraps!  I'm so happy we are finally working with the much-needed purple blocks to add to my on-going projects.

I'm linking up with Angela's blog, SoScrappy for the RSC22 (Rainbow Scrap Challenge.).  Go check out the fun!

IMAGE NAME

6 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The purples are so cheery, they'll add some nice color to your rail fence quilt. I hope you have enough blocks soon, happy stitching!

Ivani said...

Beautiful purples there.
WOW 900 rail fence blocks?! It must be easier making then as Leader & Ender,not so boring and you will have enough for a beautiful rainbow quilt. That's great!

Sara said...

Rail fence is a favorite old traditional block that I do love. Doing it in a rainbow of colors will look amazing!

Deb said...

Gotta love a good rail fence. Happy purple month! Stay safe and sew on !

Jenny said...

Cathy certainly is an inspiration! And you say you have almost reached your goal of 900 blocks, well done. Then comes the hard part, putting all those little bitty blocks together. This will be a wonderful quilt, lots of memories on all those fabrics, I'm sure.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Such nice seeds for a new quilt!