Tuesday, August 11, 2020

On the Frame -- CM's Christmas Name Quilt

 I have loaded a friend's quilt onto the frame.  Each block has someone in her family's name and birthday on it.


It's VERY stretchy.  The sparkly red and green fabrics have a serious stretch to them.  The white squares used on the corner of each square is a repurposed sheet.  It DO NOT stretch.  The back is only two inches bigger than the quilt all the way around.  I'm very nervous how this quilt will end.  I'm not sure if I should tear it all off the frame and re-load it with a different fabric used to add length to the bottom or not.  I know this quilt is quite sentimental to my friend.  I know it will end up on display at her house.  Here I go... proceeding slowly with caution...  I'm pretty sure the other lady that longarms for her turned this challenge down.

3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

You are braver than I when it comes to stretchy fabric and little margins. Yikes.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck for a successful outcome, Kathy!

patty a. said...

I am just commenting since I was off last week unexpectantly. Glory sometime people just don't think when they put fabrics together! I don't know how far you are on this one by now, but I think I would do some in the ditch quilting to just keep the top from moving then add whatever else you needed to in order to finish it up.