Saturday, December 14, 2019

RSC19 -- Brown



I'm working with brown scraps this week.  I'm prepping gingerbread men for a cute little table topper.  This is also one of my Slow Sunday Stitching projects that I carry with me when I'm on the go in my sew-to-go bag.  Honestly, I LOVE brown.


I'm using the applique process in which I sew fusible interfacing (that someone threw away) wrong sides together and then turn and then hand stitch.  This is a pattern by Edyta Sitar from a book that I got at the library.   And there you have it... three blocks ready for my sew-to-go bag.


Here's the picture from Edyta's book to give you an idea of what this will look like:


I'm linking up with Angela at SoScrappy for the RSC19.

SoScrappy


8 comments:

maggie fellow said...

cute - that sounds like an interesting way to applique

Deb A said...

Very cute! It would be fun to have one leg with a bite out of it =)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's going to be so cute! I've used that method for making orange peel blocks, and it was so nice to have the piece stay put until it was stitched down.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Love the blocks, love the method. And I like them in brown best. Makes me hungry for ginger cookies!

Sue SA said...

Super cute!

Jenny said...

That is going to be a lovely little gingerman, or should I say gingermen quilt!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for sharing the method you use for applique! It's always SEW interesting to learn something new.

Susie H said...

This house loves gingerbread and your gignerbread men look great and would be perfect here too!