Friday, January 11, 2019

Customer's 4" Patchwork Quilt -- A Friday Finish

I am all caught up on customer quilts (except for one that a customer need to repair and return to me.)  I finished the quilting on this 4" patchwork quilt.  It looks fabulous.

 
The backing fabric was smaller than my liking.  I had to add fabric to the top and bottom so that I could attach it to my leader grips.  Look how there is only 2" on the bottom.  There was less than half an inch on the top.  I normally require 5" all around the quilt.  The sides had at least 2".  Whew!
 
 
...and yes, it's cold here in Ohio.  I LOVE wearing "runners' shirts that cover the top of my hand when quilting in the other house.  It's something so small but makes a big difference on my comfort level.  I'll be searching the Goodwill outlet for more the next time I go.


I took a couple of different photos of the quilting.  I used the template called Airborne from Urban Elementz for the longarm quilting.  It was my first time using the template.  I like it.  I don't like the boards as much as from Circle Lord, but there are more design options.


Here's a picture from the back.  It looks like a stained glass window with stripes in it.


Here's a photo of the back.  The customer selected this green striped fabric.


I'm linking up with Myra at Busy Hands Quilts for Finished or Not Friday.
Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts

I will also be linking up eventually with 2019 Finish-A-Long.

No comments: