Sunday, December 2, 2012

Easy Street Step 2 Complete with the help of Accuquilt GO! Baby

Thanks to my Accuquilt GO! Baby, Step 2 of Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street is complete.  I was able to use the Value die (55018) and the Quarter Square 4" Finished Triangle die (55047) to cut all of my flying geese in a whip.  Then I trimmed each one to size.  Had I had to cut all of them with my rotorary cutter I would have probably had to pull out some of my hair.  Thumbs up on Step 2 being "easy" too.



 
I am always amazing how little blocks in a shoebox make a quilt.  I am still happy with my color choices.  I think it's a good idea for me to follow Bonnie Hunter's colorway suggestions when it comes to her mystery quilts.  Maybe this is the key for this project to not become just a WIP.
 
 
Here's my little sunshine at yesterday's holiday parade.  He always has so much fun.  What a beautiful day at about 56 Ohio degrees.  Bring on the parade candy, marching bands, and firetrucks!  I can't belive my little man is wearing a size 8 Carhardt coat already.
 
 
I need to make a note to myself about a Pinterest person of interest.  When I have more time I need to look at all of the boards that I am not following of LindaKay Pardee.  She has sooooo many cool quilting catagories.  This would a great thing to look at while I'm waiting room with WiFi!
 

1 comment:

Julianne said...

Hi Kathy...because my brain cells are lacking at the moment, I was wondering if you would know what the rotary cutting measurements would be for the flying geese. I dont have either of those rulers. Thanks for your help!