Friday, April 20, 2012

April FMQ Challenge with SewCalGal

For the April FMQ Challenge with SewCalGal, Don Linn taught us how to transfer an image to fabric.

I put this off and put this off.  When I finally tried it I LOVED it!  Look at what I can do now?  It was easy.  I just scanned the printed fabric, blew up the pic, transferred it, and viola!  See how it matches the little planes in the block below it?  I will definitely use this method again.

Still contemplating filling in the area outside of the airplane with a tight stipple like we learned in Leah Day's blogs.  I haven't practiced enough to feel confident in that yet.  Sometimes less is more.

For the FNSI I plan to make a pillow case (a theme for April to go to kids with cancer).  This FNSI is sponsored by Arrow Cabinets in Elkhorn, WI.

I also plan on working on my April 12 UFO's for 2012 crumb quilt.  Check out what Heidi and the others are doing!

Handmade by Heidi


  1. That looks so good. It is a very cute motif. Now you are flying!

  2. That is totally cool. What a great idea! Bravo..well done.