Wednesday, June 29, 2022

WIP Wednesday 6.29.22 -- The One With FOUR Finished Projects!

 Here's what happened this week:

This cute quilt belongs to a friend.  I longarm quilted the Jesters pattern on it for her.  It turned out lovely!  This quilt went on and off the frame so fast it was never added to my WIP list.

Iced Lollies crib quilt (designed by Latifah Saafir).  It was my one main goal (OMG) to finish this quilt in June.  It finishes at a cute 35.5" square.  I started this quilt 2.26.22.  Check off another item from my list.

This finished pillow case with a zipper is for my sister-in-law.  See the details here.

I just realized that this is the fourth project that was finished this week!  Last night I finished quilting a patchwork squares quilt that was made by a friend.  This quilt has a mattress pad in place of batting and turned out fine.  It was dark.  No closeline shot for this one.  Hopefully it will be returned to the owner today and another one will be picked up.

The navy blue blocks are finished for the Random Ohio Star (Bonnie Hunter design).


Definitely workedk through more blue scraps making all the HST for the Three, Six, Nine quilt.


My sister-in-law gave me some hens and chicks this week.  She has a really green thumb when it comes to flowers and plants.  I'm more of a gardening girl.  I did think that the plants that she gave me along with a few of my own look cute in this unused chicken feeder.

I'm linking up with Susan for Midweek Makers here.

41 Items remain on the WIP list.

My WIP number remains the same.  I actually forgot that I had a Kathleen Tracy doll quilt QA in the bin to quilt that I made from pink scraps in May or so.  41 items on my list is still MUCH better than the 90's it used to be a few years back.  I'm whittling away at this list for sure.

Pieces Need to be Cut & Sewn
 1.  Cheddar Jack cat pattern
 2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
 3.  HST Three, Six, Nine Quilt
 4.  Picadilly Circle
 5.  ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
 6.  RSC16 Folk Art Birds
 7.  Random Ohio Stars -- started January, 2022
 8.  Leah Day Building Blocks QA
 9.  Dresser Scarf (My Grandma's WIP from the 1970's found 1/1/20
10.  Classic Meets Modern BOM
11.  Gypsy Wife QA started in August 2017
12.  Mod Mod QA (from Block Lotto, circles w/lines)
13.  Unity Quilt Along with Bonnie Hunter (started 4/1/2020)
14.  Rail Fence Blocks (started January 2021 as my leader/enders)
15.  Maroon Sampler Quilt--I found this on 2.6.21
16.  Kite Girl (RSC14)
17.  Amish Country BOM (from Lynn, Johnna's mom)
18.  Kathleen Tracy's 2019 Mystery Quilt Facebook QA started in March, 2019  
19.  2.5" Scraps from Dani -- making "cracker" blocks
20.  Waffle Blocks (August 2019 -- RSC19)
21.  Little Houses (2.5" blocks)

Blocks Still Need to be Made
 1.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
 2.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt 
 3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
 4.  Drunkard's Path Variation quilt

Blocks Are Made But Need to be Sewn Together (and/or Some Sashing)
 1.  Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks 5/17/17 QA
 2.  Cruise blocks won from Libby
 3.  Cathy's CRAZY BY DESIGN Dot Dot Dash Bag, Won April, 2018
 4.  Split Stars (blocks won from the Block Lotto, October, 2012)
 5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
 6.  Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto)
 7.  Pre-printed cross stitch pillow sham (May 2018)
 8. Flower Baskets (blue and white with some applique) Block Lotto win 10/1/18

Quilt Back Needs to be Made (Tops are Done)
1.  Card Trick (pink and blue)
2.  Hunter Green Star Quilt

Ready to Longarm
1.  Bubble Gum Pink & Navy Quilt
2.  Plus Quilt (Be Positive) started in 2016; quilt top completed 1.1.22
3.  Rescue Quilt from my SIL (patchwork squares)
4.  Pumpkins & the Beanstalk (a 2nd quilt)
5.  GO! ABC Quilt started during the pink month of RSC21, January 2021
6.  Kathleen Tracy Doll QA

2 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love all the beautiful done projects and the blue star blocks. You are rockin' it!

Bonnie said...

Iced Lollies is very cute. It reminds me of some popsicle fabric I recently bought. You seem to be making a great dent in your UFOs. I've actually lost count but I know I am not starting very many projects these days since I am trying hard to keep up with a UFO challenge. Hopefully it will drop my UFOs. (If I can find all of them.)