Saturday, February 26, 2022

Last Scrappy Saturday in February -- RSC22

I made a lot of progress of cleaning up my desk with the strips and left-over pieces from bindings, blocks, and random light blues and teals.  Many of them were made into 3.5" rail fence blocks.  127 to be exact!


There were 107 of the light blue and teal -- woohoo... and 20 of the miscellaneous fabrics.


If you've read this far you are in for a treat.  My largest aqua/teal quit that I started last year during the RSC21 was completed this week!  This is Gobble Gobble by Lori Holt.  You can read all the details about my Gobble Gobble quilt here.


More teals and blues were used on the back along with some Thanksgiving/fall novelty fabrics.


I also used some bright blue 1.5" squares in my Table Scraps Challenge quilt at Joyful Quilter.


I started cutting and sewing a new project called Ice Lollies.  It is a design by Latifa Safari.  I am going to start small and make the crib quilt first.  I won a prize pack with the template last year for OMG at Elm Street Quilts.  I did have to purchase a pattern to go with what I won.  I started cutting and sewing the blocks using a light blue fabric for the background.


All of a sudden I realized that I didn't have enough of the blue fabric for the sides of the blocks. Bummer.  Now I need to dig in the scrap bins to see if there is more.  Stay tuned.

I'm linking up at Angela's blog, SoScrappy, for the RSC22.

IMAGE NAME

3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You got a lot done this month. I love Gobble Gobble - it's just so fun! And those rail fence blocks are really going to come in handy one of these days.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow!! That's a lot of AQUA/TEAL scrap sewing, Kathy!! Well done. Sorry about running out of background for your Lollies quilt - that's a bummer!

Jenny said...

Lots of sewing going on, I love Gobble Gobble. The Ice Lollies look delightful, I'm sure you will have fun stitching these!