Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Happy Little Accident Crib Quilt

Last weekend I was seriously searching for my Dogs in Sweaters pattern by Elizabeth Hartman.  No luck...  But I did find some light green star blocks that didn't meet my quality standards size wise for the Block Lotto.  These were left over from the Block Lotto block pattern back in April of 2015.

2021 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge  I love to try to link up to Joy's blog, The Joyful Quilter, for the Table Scraps Challenge.

I thought that they would make a cute and quick table runner.  Well, one thing led to another.  I had three green and three blue star blocks.  I just couldn't let the blue blocks stay in the box.  I didn't really want to make two similar table runners.  I sewed them together with mint green sashings and threw in some orange cornerstones for fun.  Next, I didn't really like that the sashing was only a 1.5" strip on the edge.  I threw on another border and now my wanna be table topper turned in to a happy little accident crib quilt.

The good news is that now I have this cute little crib quilt.  The bad news is that I'm back to the drawing board for my table scraps challenge quilt.  I do need a new little mug rug for my desk now that it has been cleaned off.  

5 comments:

Preeti said...

Thank goodness for happy accidents and serendipitous finds. They do sidetrack us to beautiful side trips. That is one reason why I avoid cleaning :-D In your case, it ended up with a sweet little crib quilt. Perfect!

patty a. said...

That quilt is so darn cute and the orange for the cornerstones was a great call!

Jo said...

I am so glad I am not the only one who loses things in there sewing room and gets sidetracked! The quilt is just perfect!

Cathy said...

Well, that sure turned into a cute and serendipitous baby quilt! Good on you!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, goodness! How did I miss this, Kathy? That turned out SEW cute!!! I'll look forward to seeing your REAL project for the TABLE SCRAPS Challenge (since this one decided that it wanted to grow up to be a crib quilt. :o))