Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Dora's Machine

 When my mother-in-law passed away a few years ago I was notified that she wanted me to have all of her sewing things.  This is her treasured sewing machine.  I made so many beautiful gowns and things.


This machine embroiders small sections.  I need to get the book out and read up on it so that I can eventually play with it a little.  Every time I have to add fabric to the back of a quilt because someone didn't give me the 5" extra on every side of the quilt to be longarmed, I add my own fabric so that I can attach it to the frame.  This process makes me take the quilt to the other house where my regular sewing machine is.  Now I can just add the strip(s) of fabric and save steps and time.  Woohoo... progress...


4 comments:

patty a. said...

Well that will be a time saver!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Nothing better than a treasured heirloom that also helps you in your work!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Where has the machine been hiding? SEW glad you decided to set it up at the longarm studio!

Needled Mom said...

Oh yay! Not only will it be helpful, you will enjoy the memories while sewing with it.